Welcome Mrs Rick!

Mrs Tracey Rick has joined our Gosnells PS staff for 2016 as our Performing Arts teacher. She is also breathing new life into our Virtues program as you may have seen at our first assembly for the year. Mrs Rick has come from Kelmscott PS but starting her teaching career working 5 years in Fitzroy Crossing!We recently asked Mrs Rick some questions so that we could get to know her better.We know our Gosnells family will make Mrs Rick very welcome…if you see her say, ‘Happy Day!’ Mrs Rick
My favourite children’s book is… ‘The places you’ll go’ by Dr SeussMy favourite sporting team is… DockersOn the weekend I like to… Clean my house!… And chill out with my family

When I was at school I liked…. Music!

I grew up in… Armadale

Someone I admire is… Malala Yousafzai – She is an 18 year old Pakistani girl who fought for her right to an education. She won the Nobel Peace Prize when she was only 16. I admire her because she has the courage to stand up for what she believes in.

What do you think makes a good teacher?
You have to be excited about and love what you are teaching so that your students get excited about learning. You also have to let your students know that you have their back and will always support them.

Tell me one thing you remember from primary school.
I was allowed to accompany the school choir on my keyboard in year 7. I practiced and practiced for the assembly and the music teacher said ‘Oh, you’re my treasure”. I remember beaming after that because I was so proud.

Tell me about any pets you have at home.
Madeleine my daughter had two guinea pigs and two rabbits. Unfortunately they all died. Now we just laugh at cute puppy videos on Youtube!

What are some things you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t had the opportunity yet?
I really want to go and live in Alaska for a year so that I can experience half the year without daylight and half the year in full daylight. I also want to see the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) whilst I am there. I hope I can handle the really, really cold weather!

What do you like so far about Gosnells PS? Definitely the kids!

Any other interesting info… I am a twin

<< Back