The Gosnells Primary School Board is formed with the fundamental purpose of enabling parents and members of the community to engage in activities that are in the best interest of students and will enhance the education provided by our school. The Board consists of three staff representatives, four parent representatives and two community representatives. The Chairperson is elected by and from its members.
The School Board includes:
The Board meets a minimum of once a term with all decisions relating to Board business taken by vote of the Board members. To be passed, all decisions need to be agreed to by an absolute majority of all voting members.
The business of the Board includes but is not limited to:
- all business required of it by the Department of Education or the Principal of the School;
- an annual review of the School Business Plan addressing the following considerations in a manner it sees fit:
- delivery of the strategic plan:
- any necessary changes to the strategic plan;
- an annual review of School codes; and
- promotion of the School
The Board reports, through the School’s Annual Report, to the community at the conclusion of each calendar year.