Our ‘Little Learners’ program is unlike any others! It is a program for children who will attend Gosnells Primary School for Kindy in the following school year. It is in between a playgroup and a Pre-Kindy and has many aspects of both.
We believe that families are an important and valued part of a child’s learning and as such, the main purposes of our ‘Little Learners’ program include:
- To provide parent/carers with information about early years development, parenting and preparing their child for school;
- To familiarise the children with routines and environments that are similar to what they’ll experience at school;
- Engaging students in play-based learning experiences to enrich vocabulary and oral language, build confidence and socialisation skills and develop fine and gross motor skills.
- To enjoy language experiences aimed at enriching vocabulary and oral language;
- To provide opportunities for children to socialise with same-aged peers;
During each session you and your child may: Parents are expected to stay for every session. However, sometimes the children will stay in the classroom with Education Assistants, while the parents move into a separate room for discussion groups, guest presenters or workshops. As well as providing you with a wealth of parenting and child development information, this will give your child an opportunity to socialise with other children without parent involvement and begin to get used to being in a school environment on their own. While there is no upfront fee for ‘Little Learners’, parents/carers will be asked to contribute certain consumable items for activities as needed.
If you’d like to enrol your child for ‘Little Learners’ please contact the Gosnells Child and Parent Centre on 9398 8720.